What do you do when your best laid plans for the day go awry?
Tips for navigating with curiosity and grace.
- Assess the severity of the “life happens moment” (if it warrants, release your initial plans)
- Do what it takes (assuming you go forward and don’t have an emergency on your hands)
- Take yourself lightly
- Expect distraction and disruption
- Use tools like meditation, mindfulness, etc to ground in the moment and let the chaos and stress be there without controlling you
- Mistakes may happen (be kind and forgiving about it)
- Let it go and begin again
Links mentioned in the show:
- Pamela Slim’s #commtour
- One Moment Meditation
- Meditation for Beginners (Mindful.org)
- Jon Kabat Zinn (Mindfulness CDs, books)
Subscribe so you don’t miss an episode!
Regular RSS Feed
If you have a chance, please leave an honest review of the podcast here. Reviews are the currency of podcasts over at iTunes and it will help the show’s ranking immensely. I really appreciate it!
Not sure how to subscribe, rate, or review? No problem! Here’s a quick video tutorial of how to do just that.
How to Prioritize When Everything is a Priority
For business owners, being crazy-busy has become a badge of honor. Having just too much to do is the norm. Yet the success of your business depends on your ability to focus on what is most important right now (not a hundred random to-do's).
Get the How to Prioritize When Everything is a Priority: 7 Day Solution now and liberate yourself.