A recent medical crisis for my partner Kim opened my eyes to a very important connection between medicine and being a business owner. There’s a lot to be learned from the way medical doctors troubleshoot problems and progress from diagnosis through discharge. I’ll also add, never once have I heard someone in the medical profession feel “bad” about charging for services even if steps taken take you on a circuitous detour to the root cause and solution. Listen in and learn more:
After my partner Kim’s five weeks of serious illness and 10 days in the hospital, I’ve learned and navigated a lot. Thankfully she is on the mend and healing now. As I sat for hours on end in the hospital while fitting in business tasks in the margins of my days, I observed a variety of principles at play in the medical community that could truly benefit the small business owner. I talk about:
- The best process for troubleshooting a problem.
- Why you should never feel guilty about charging for the value you add (even if it does not fully solve a problem).
- Why even if there is science involved, there is always an element of art and practice to everything we do.
- The various ways medicine and technology lead parallel lives (think – mysterious problems you can’t seem to solve).
- and more…
- How to Navigate Your Business During Times of Uncertainty
- How to Prioritize When Everything is a Priority
Subscribe so you don’t miss an episode!
Regular RSS Feed
Let’s spread the word so others can tune in. Please leave an honest review of the podcast here. I really appreciate it!
Not sure how to subscribe, rate, or review? No problem! Here’s a quick video tutorial of how to do just that.
How to Prioritize When Everything is a Priority
For business owners, being crazy-busy has become a badge of honor. Having just too much to do is the norm. Yet the success of your business depends on your ability to focus on what is most important right now (not a hundred random to-do's).
Get the How to Prioritize When Everything is a Priority: 7 Day Solution now and liberate yourself.